This SRM Controller is used to control the 4 Phase 8/6 SRM Motor. It works based on the (n+1) semiconductor switches and (n+1) diodes per phase configuration.
- Supports for 4 Phase SRM Motor (8 stator poles & 6 rotor poles)
- Built-in gate driver supports for 5V/TTL input pulses
- Built-in desaturation protection
- Voltage: 380VDC
- Current 2.6A
- Power: 1 HP
- Switching frequency: 5kHz
- Energy for the off going phase is transferred back in to the source, which results in useful utilization of the energy and also improves the efficiency.
- This converter consist of (n+1) semiconductor switches and (n+1) diodes per phase to run the 4 Phase SRM Motor.
- When IGBTs Q and Q1 are turned on, phase winding ‘A’ is energised then phase winding ‘A’ is connected to the DC Supply. When IGBTs Q and Q1 are turned off, phase winding ‘A’ is disconnected from the supply. But energy stored in the winding is feedback to the mains through diodes “D and D1”.
- When IGBTs Q and Q2 are turned on, phase winding ‘B’ is connected to the mains. Q and Q2 are turned off, stored energy in phase winding ‘B’ is feedback to DC mains through diodes “D and D2”.
- Similarly phase windings ‘C’ and ‘D’ are energised and the cycle is repeated.