Communications education has traditionally been limited to a focus on theory. Now with USRP transceivers, students can gain hands-on experience exploring a communications system with live signals to develop a better understanding of theory and implementation.
• Host-based processing simplifies signal processing
• Immediate access to real-world signals
• 20 MHz of real-time bandwidth makes the solution available to a wide range of applications
• With NI USRP and LabVIEW, students gain hands-on experience exploring a working communications system with live signals.
• Software Defined Radio (SDR) systems are flexible and reconfigurable radio systems ideal for prototyping.
• Radio in which some or all of the physical layer functions (e.g. filters, modulators/demodulators, channel coding, etc) are software defined
• Reduces physical layer design time